the water was brown.

Monday, September 30

Our week at a glance 

dirty work
prayer
placing calls
tracking down the old
Looking for the new
prayer
calling back 5 min. later cuz they didn't answer
seeing the old and chasing them 
prayer 

wash lather rinse repeat.

food for thought: side note.... has anyone EVER repeated???! 

We are still keeping the faith we will find more prepared people.. 
We've already been so blessed!!

Some are just better at hiding than others. 

Germans for example are e.x.p.e.r.t.s 

I heard a statistic that like 1 in every 100 people you talk to in the USA will be baptized. 1 in every 2000 in Germany. 

Hide ya kids hide ya wife 

WE GO FIND YOU 

haha meeting that man was the best day of my life as well as glozell and flava flav.. you should see the looks some missionaries give me when they find out I was a dancer in their music video. 

Almost as bad as the look I get when I tell missionaries I've never been to EFY.. we never made those deadlines. 


NOW FOR THE TESTIMONY BUILDER OF THE TRANSFER

I've been really focusing on the Spirit these last few weeks. Now only focusing but listening and OBEYing those midnight ideas and promptings. 

One Example: it was 2 am and I had a feeling to get up and check the oven... no idea why. But sure enough I rolled out of bed and it was ON. That saved a way awkward phone call to the district leader. 

"heyy.. so GOOD NEWS FIRST our spirits have been on fire but uh.. BAD NEWS our apartment is too"

naja. 

that was just one example. But the BEST was this week after lunch. We had a few minutes to kill and I decided to call a particular lady I'd noticed in the area disappear a few weeks back. 

While reading through her papers it had notes from Elders from the past saying, she had a baptism date but " no interest... doesn't believe in prayer.. kein intresse.. She doesn't care" etc. etc. 

But I decided to give it a try anyway. I sat down and I gave her a call and she picked up. Super skeptical at first she said:

" Who are you?"

- this is sister Diederich. I am a sister missionary here in Kassel. 

She replied..."how'd you get my number?.."


Note: I had a feeling to ask if we could come over just to...help? It was really weird 


- We got your contact info from the Elders that were here a few years ago. We were wondering if we could come by and if there is anything we could do for you???

( holding breath )

" yes.... YESSSS SISTERS OH MEINE GUTE YES!!!!!! I NEED YOUR HELP. AS YOU CALLED I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF PRAYING FOR MY FIRST TIME ASKING GOD FOR HELP AND THEN YOU CALLED ME. THANK YOU!!!!! This is an answer to my prayer!! ich LIEBE dich!!!!!!!!


o_O


She was hysterical and in tears. 

oh my blessings. 

She was sooo excited to hear from us and was SO excited that her prayer worked. We ended up helping her out and she is now meeting with us. Such a testimony builder for all of us. Especially this investigator. 


LAST,

I got a feeling we should stop our study and go to the Ward House for volleyball a little bit early one night. Sister Tolman had the same feeling so we hurried over.. 

Once we arrived we found 4 senior citizens ( old people sounds mean ) peeking in through the door. I let them in and asked them 

" are you.....here for volleyball?"

They began to explain they'd recently visited Salt Lake City and toured the temple and LOVED IT!!

swat lake city 

The couples were so excited to find out there is a LDS chapel here in Kassel where they are from. We had a killer church tour with them ( esp. the genealogy section... always pulls the seniors heart strings) and we invited them to meet with us again. 


Its truly amazing how the Spirit works. When we are living our lives in harmony with Christ that we will be led where we need to be and what we need to say. 


Is all any missionary needs to do is make sure to have the Spirit leading and guiding your planning, teaching, finding, study and your day. THAT IS ALL YOU NEED. k doch doch you'll need a testimony and a bus pass and good shoes etc... 

But I truly believe we as members of this church are merely tools in the Lords hands. 

It doesn't matter how fancy our words are, how intelligent we claim to be or the experience we feel is needed 

I remember before I left I doubted my talents, knowledge, capabilities and testimony. Looking back all God ever asked me to do was give my BEST. 

My words are enough

He makes up the rest. 

The spirit does the teaching.. I'm merely just a vessel, and I hope to live the rest of my life worthy accordingly... to fulfill the promise that if I remain faithful I will be blessed..


Zum Schlüss

perhaps...... no HANDS DOWN
best " where is the hidden camera" moment of my Mission happened this week. 

The elders in Göttingen had a baptism this week, seeing as how they have no font in their meeting house ( it's an office building ) they used our baptismal font here in Kassel. 

We came a few hours early to turn on the water for them, went and did some weekly planning...came and checked back and....

THE WATER WAS BROWN..  no lie. Disgusting and filled with bugs and scum. 

the poor thing hasn't been used in years. 

gag. 

we had 30 minutes to go before the service began so we pulled the plug to drain it and clean it. 

It was taking forrrrrrrever so Sister Tolman and I had to man up and get IN the font and walk around with sponges on our feet to get it all up. 

Once it came time to refill the font.... WHAT DO YA KNOW. The water stopped wanting to work. 

I put my Young Wpman personal progress thinking cap on and together we built a chain with buckets of water from the bathroom to the font. 

hahahahaha no words. 


were doing BIG things up in here



Line of the Week:
Quote from the little brother and whichever crazy new social media site he found it on. thx mitch

" remember...Hitler had thousands of followers... Jesus Christ had 12 "


So true... the truth never will be popular but persecuted. But it will prevail. I promise you that

aww man I outdid myself with that last one. That is Ensign material right there. 


wir hören uns

liebe grüße


sister d



2 comments:

  1. hello sister D, I hope ya could still remember me, I sent you email month ago, and never expecting that you'd give me reply. I was grateful for the advice you gave me. I already submitted my papers, i only have one interview from stake president and I'll be one of those God's army proclaiming the truth. I love you so much sister D.
    I'm sure there are lots of girls who are inspired by your blog. I consider you as an AMAZING, AWESOME MODERN SISTER MISSIONARY! Please keep us posted even though now that your mission is coming to an end soon.! :(

    LOVE <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so i randomly found this blog.. on pinterest or something. AND I LOVE IT. I love reading your experiences and seeing all these pictures. It makes me so excited to serve, and keeps me confident in my decision to go for eighteen months! You are awesome! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete