u p d a t e

Monday, February 17

oh em gee..


Can you all forgive me?

I know I know.. I said I would write when I got home and I have failed. Miserably.

But let me explain myself..

I thought I would  know what to write about.. but truth be told, aside from missionary work and the gospel. Well I had just about nothing figured out. 

I suffered from POST mission floating disorder:

Post mission floating disorder: a made up disease I thought up to describe the symptoms of an RM who feels awkward, out of place, trunky and loads of anxiety.

DO NOT BE ALARMED.. coming home is not as bad as it sounds. I just was very poorly prepared for it! SO…. Ive spent the last few months getting my footing, finding my new curve for writing and figuring just HOW  I can continue to inspire my readers to come closer to god, be strong member missionaries and full missionaries all while having a little fun..

Because lesssss be honest.. im all about it.

So ill start from the top..

My arrival home was like expected.. I spent the 18 hours of travel hyperventilating, trying my hardest not to look at the airplane movie monitor next to me and ya know.. check my pulse every now and then to ensure I wasn’t dying. The man next to me watching Crazy Stupid Love with Ryan Goseling sure made it difficult to keep my composure.


Once we landed in america my mind was blown. EVERYONE spoke english, and worse they were all walking around and smiling. 

Lets get one thing straight..Germans are not mean people, but addressing complete strangers with a friendly hello is very un common for them. So you can imagine being in an airport where everyone is smiling, and saying “ hi sister”, and then theres me looking behind me and saying “ what?…. oh me!? your talking to me.. dont hurt me..  i have NO money." 

Most people when in america would do something exciting.

I went to applebees and bought a hamburger.


Getting off that plane in Salt Lake City was a feeling ill never forget. Seeing my closest family and friends all waiting for me, i didn't realize until i saw them just how much i missed them. My mom was convinced i was suffering from post war anxiety, seeing as how i was hyperventilating and crying so hard i couldn't even speak. I was happy yes, but scared out of my mind. 

I DID NOT REALIZE UNTIL THAT MOMENT HOW TRULY WEIRD I’D BECOME.

As a family we drove to my Stake President office to be set apart, he gave me the most b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l blessing and advice for the transition home. The whole meeting he referred to me as Sister Diederich, then as we came to an end and my name tag was removed he said “ thank you for your service… Isabelle”

DAGGER

who da heck is that.

That first night home was pretty overwhelming. Surrounded by family and a few close friends my brothers spared no time in showing me the latest youtube videos, songs and everything else i missed. 

I can honestly say i felt a small part of me die when i was introduced to  “ what does the fox say” and a look at miley cyrus’s new look and video. I was also clued in on the news crazes of snap chatting and instagram.

i could've sworn in my head i was hearing the words “ abort. abort. abort”.








The last words my mission president told me echoe through my head every single day. His parting words of wisdom for my group of 3 missionaries leaving the mission home proved impactful. He gave me a small list of things to do to ensure a smooth transition.. so I thought I would share them..

1. continue your good habits – as missionaries our days revolve around reaching out to others, having the spirit with us, serving everyone else first, and also setting time aside to study the doctrine.. He PROMISED that if we made sure to study and pray every single day that we would remain active, happy and missionary minded.



2. Go to church all 3 hours. This was shocking to me at first.. being a missionary spending less than 6 hours in the chapel on Sundays seemed rare. But with the name tag removed I noticed how easy the ideas slipped into my mind to sleep in a little longer, leave a little earlier. Or do the infamous feast and peace ( get the sacrament and goooo)

3. be ACTIVE in your calling and serve diligently.. 

4. Give a vocal prayer at least 1x daily.. and if at all possible do it in your mission language.. Its been the greatest way to keep up my german.. I also study half of the time in my scriptures in german.

So aside from that wonderful advice a few things .. I also have decided to add on a few of my own.


1. To this day I STILL miss my mission.. I think about it daily and find myself always telling them mission stories I once LOATHED hearing around RMs… 

But I realized something.. I had to remember.. that if the lord intended on you to serve for the rest of your life.. it would’ve stated so in your call packet. However, the lord has other plans for you. He needs those strong soldier back on the home battlefield. He wants you to come home, get an education, begin a family, serve your local branch and pass on what it is you have learned.

2. Just because you no longer have a name tag to wear, doesn’t mean you cant constantly be a representative of Jesus Christ in all that you do. Since i’ve been home I made it a GOAL to find at least one missionary opportunity a day. I inquired of the lord, shared with him my goal and he has helped align our wills and make it happen!

3. Keep in touch with members, investigators, new converts and everyone you met while serving. All of the people you met had a BIG impact on your life, and you can bet you most likely had an even greater impact on theirs! By keeping in daily or weekly contact via skype, calls, letters or facebook. I have found it to be a great way to keep myself happy, avoid too much “trunkiness” and continue to motivate them in the gospel as well as myself.


Well as for me here today. Life has never been better. 
I am still as awkward as a clam, mutter to myself in german, and am less than comfortable talking about anything other than the blue book or my main man Joseph Smith. But im improving.

Im loving life as a full time student, Salt Lake City temple worker and having a full time job


I know this is where the lord wants me to be. 

k your still mad. i said im sorry for not posting sooner. 

stay tuned peeps. more to come. 



« « « «  SPECIAL NOTE » » »»

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts, questions, advice and things youd like me to 
continue writing about. Because, as we all have noticed. I did a horrible job on my own.

Some ways you can contact Sister D:

email: belladiederich@gmail.com
facebook: Isabelle Diederich ( yes.. i still use/love it)
twitter: @bellediederich
instagram: isabellediederich
pinterest: Isabelle Diederich

or just drive to the Shivers parking lot on 33rd South.. Im there once a day for a diet coke.. 


OK I LIED I GO MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY



wir hören uns!
a.k.a NEXT MONDAY


HURRAH FOR ISRAEL









16 comments:

  1. yay! love you sissy.
    so glad you are home.

    (so i don't have to upload these for you every week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divine Loan Opportunity Offered By CHESTER BRIAN LOANS That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {Brianloancompany@yahoo.com }

      Hello Everyone, I am Rosie Rhoma a single mom from Texas USA, I will like to share this great testimony on how i got a loan from Chester Brian Loans, when we were driven out of our home when i couldn't pay my bills anymore, After been scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union i visited. my children were taken by the foster care, i was all alone in the street. Until a day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first i told her that i am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that i will received my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness i had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me i received a loan of $80,000.00 from Chester Brian Loans. Am happy i took the risk and applied for the loan. my kids have been given back to me and now i own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to CHESTER BRIAN LOAN COMPANY for giving a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via:.. {Brianloancompany@yahoo.com } OR text +1(803) 373-2162

      Delete
    2. Good-day, I'm Josef Lewis. A reputable, legitimate & accredited lender. We give out loan of all kinds in a very fast and easy way, Personal Loan, Car Loan, Home Loan, Student Loan, Business Loan, Inventor loan, Debt Consolidation. etc

      Get approved for a business or personal loans today and get funds within same week of application. These personal loans can be approved regardless of your credit and there are lots of happy customers to back up this claim. But you won’t only get the personal loan you need; you will get the cheapest one. This is our promise: We guarantee The lowest rate for all loans with free collateral benefits.

      We strive to leave a positive lasting impression by exceeding the expectations of my customers in everything I do. Our goal is to treat you with dignity and respect while providing the highest quality service in a timely manner. No social security Number required and no credit check required, 100% Guaranteed. Kindly respond immediately using the details below if interested in a loan and be free of scams..

      Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com
      Call/WhatsApp: +16626183756 thanks



      Delete
  2. i LOVE this Isabelle aka(sister diederich) and also love your secret secretary for the two years (O)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY! sis isabelle, so glad you updated your blog, i always check your blog if you updated it.
    you know what, im leaving on my mission next week, feb. 28, 2014,. im excited to serve the people of Philippines Cavite mission. thanks for your update. love you so much. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh em gee your still cute as ever..and I'm still creepy as ever. Whatever I'm over it. Keep the dirty diet cokes rollin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog by searching for Sister Tolman (she was in the MTC with my daughter, a great missionary and example to her, and her aunt is my friend and just made the connection because my daughter is serving in Salzberg and a lady Sister Tolman's dad taught when he served there is in Sister Henry's ward...you will see German mission connections go on forever...) anyway, this is a brilliant post and I will definitely be bookmarking it to share with Sister Henry when she goes back to being Sherry. Thank you! You are darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BETTERMENT FUNDING {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}
      Hi everyone, i am Alexis Ohanian am so glade coming back to this great forum to testify about the help i received from Chester Brian. I was in desperate need of a loan in other to be free from debt and financial bondage that was place on me by my ex husband. It was really bad that i have to seek for help from Friends,family and even my bank but on one could assist me because my credit score was really bad. So i was browsing with my computer and saw some testimonies from people Chester Brian assisted with a loan, then i decided to contact him on his email {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}, then i received a mail from them and i did all that was asked from me. To my greatest surprise they transferred to my account the loan i requested and now i am so happy clearing my debt and have also started a business with the remaining amount to take care of myself and family. If you need a loan do contact the best loan lender of all time Chester Brian on

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad I came across your blog! I love when I happen to stumble upon a new Mormon blog that is seriously so hopeful. I'm a convert to the church and I'm from Texas so it's very hard at times to deal with the people. But I've read through your blog and it's so uplifting and helpful so thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. high five woman. i got off the plane (a couple weeks ago) and first thing i did was get a drive thru cheeseburger. i don't even know if you're still using this blog or reading these comments, but i owe you a big huge THANK YOU. i've got a hardcore case of the RM blues and then i remembered you had the best pre-mission posts so of course you'd have the best post-mission posts too! needless to say, i found exactly what i needed to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Divine Loan Opportunity Offered By CHESTER BRIAN LOANS That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {Brianloancompany@yahoo.com }

    Hello Everyone, I am Rosie Rhoma a single mom from Texas USA, I will like to share this great testimony on how i got a loan from Chester Brian Loans, when we were driven out of our home when i couldn't pay my bills anymore, After been scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union i visited. my children were taken by the foster care, i was all alone in the street. Until a day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first i told her that i am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that i will received my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness i had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me i received a loan of $80,000.00 from Chester Brian Loans. Am happy i took the risk and applied for the loan. my kids have been given back to me and now i own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to CHESTER BRIAN LOAN COMPANY for giving a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via:.. {Brianloancompany@yahoo.com } OR text +1(803) 373-2162

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome. BE NOT TROUBLED anymore. you’re at the right place. Nothing like having trustworthy hackers. have you lost money before or bitcoins and are looking for a hacker to get your money back? You should contact us right away. It's very affordable and we give guarantees to our clients. Our hacking services are as follows:
    -hack into any kind of phone
    _Increase Credit Scores
    _western union, bitcoin and money gram hacking
    _criminal records deletion_BLANK ATM/CREDIT CARDS
    _Hacking of phones(that of your spouse, boss, friends, and see whatever is being discussed behind your back)
    _Security system hacking...and so much more. Contact THEM now and get whatever you want at
    Email:Creditcards.atm@gmail.com 

      Whatsapp:+1(305) 330-3282  


    IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND TRUSTED  

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome. BE NOT TROUBLED anymore. you’re at the right place. Nothing like having trustworthy hackers. have you lost money before or bitcoins and are looking for a hacker to get your money back? You should contact us right away. It's very affordable and we give guarantees to our clients. Our hacking services are as follows:
    -hack into any kind of phone
    _Increase Credit Scores
    _western union, bitcoin and money gram hacking
    _criminal records deletion_BLANK ATM/CREDIT CARDS
    _Hacking of phones(that of your spouse, boss, friends, and see whatever is being discussed behind your back)
    _Security system hacking...and so much more. Contact THEM now and get whatever you want at
    Email:Creditcards.atm@gmail.com 

      Whatsapp:+1(305) 330-3282  

    WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO HIRE A HACKER??:
    There are so many Reasons why people need to hire a hacker, It might be to Hack a Websites to deface informations, retrieve informations, edit informations or give you admin access.
    • Some people might need us To Hack Their Target Smartphone so that they could get access to all activities on the phone like , text messages , call logs , Social media Apps and other informations
    • Some might need to Hack a Facebook , gmail, Instagram , twitter and other social media Accounts,
    • Also Some Individuals might want to Track someone else's Location probably for investigation cases
    • Some might need Us to Hack into Court's Database to Clear criminal records.
    • However, Some People Might Have Lost So Much Funds With BINARY OPTIONS BROKERS or BTC MINING and wish to Recover Their Funds
    • All these Are what we can get Done Asap With The Help Of Our Root HackTools, Special HackTools and Our Technical Hacking Strategies Which Surpasses All Other Hackers.

    ★ OUR SPECIAL SERVICES WE OFFER ARE:
    * RECOVERY OF LOST FUNDS ON BINARY OPTIONS
    * Credit Cards Loading ( USA Only )
    * BANK Account Loading (USA Banks Only)

    ★ You can also contact us for other Cyber Attacks And Hijackings, we do All ★

    ★ CONTACTS:
    * For Binary Options Recovery,feel free to contact (Creditcards.atm@gmail.com)for a wonderful job well done,stay safe.

    IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND TRUSTED  

    ReplyDelete
  11. email: visacreditcardsolution@gmail.comGET YOUR BLANK ATM CREDIT CARD AT AFFORDABLE PRICE*
    **We sell these cards to all our customers and interested buyers
    worldwide,the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5000 and up to $50,000
    spending limit in stores and unlimited on POS.**

    **WHAT WE OFFER**

    *1)WESTERN UNION TRANSFERS/MONEY GRAM TRANSFER*
    *2)BANKS LOGINS*
    *3)BANKS TRANSFERS*
    *4)CRYPTO CURRENCY MINNING*
    *5)BUYING OF GIFT CARDS*
    *6)LOADING OF ACCOUNTS*
    *7)WALMART TRANSFERS*
    *8)BITCOIN INVESTMENTS*
    *9)REMOVING OF NAME FROM DEBIT RECORD AND CRIMINAL RECORD*
    *10)BANK HACKING*

    ReplyDelete
  12. INSTANT AFFORDABLE PERSONAL/BUSINESS/HOME/INVESTMENT LOAN OFFER WITHOUT COST/STRESS CONTACT US TODAY VIA Call/Text +1(415)630-7138 Whatsapp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    We are financial consultants providing reliable loans to individuals and funding for business, home and projects start up. Are you tired of seeking loans or are you in any financial mess. Do you have a low credit score, and you will find it difficult to get loans from banks and other financial institutions? then worry no more for we are the solution to your financial misfortune. we offer all types of loan ranging from $5,000.00 to $533,000,000.00USD with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 35 years to pay back the loan secure and unsecured. Are you losing sleep at nights worrying how to get a Legit Loan Lender? Contact us via Call/Text +1(415)630-7138 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Do you have a bad credit? Do you need money to pay bills? Do you need loan to buy, refinance or renovate your home? Is it necessary to start a new business? Do you have an unfinished project due to poor funding? Do you need money to invest in any specialty that will benefit you? DR.BENJAMIN FINANCIER LOANS aims is to provide excellent professional financial services which include the followings

    * Personal loan * Business loan
    * Home loan * Farm Loan
    * Education loan * Debt consolidation loan
    * Truck Loan * Car Loan
    * Refinery Loan
    * Equipment Loan
    * Hotels Loan
    * Refinancing Loan

    Yours Faithfully
    Dr Benjamin Scarlett Owen
    Whatsapp +19292227023
    Call/Text +1(415)630-7138
    NOTE: GET YOUR INSTANT LOAN APPROVAL 100% GUARANTEED TODAY NO MATTER YOUR CREDIT SCORE. drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magnificent site. Lots of helpful information here. I am sending it to several buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious.

    And certainly, thanks to your effort!부산오피

    ReplyDelete