NAJA- German Slang for "What Will Be, Will Be"

Wednesday, December 19

Well.... this week was rough lesssssss be honest

Just about e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g fell apart. 

I think there is a secret facebook fan club that decided this week...
HEYYYYYY its the national give bella a hard week time... Even the mail man #haterade

My motto i write all over my planner and say to myself daily is 

REFUSE TO SINK


But naja

Somedays i have no idea how i will make it through.. But i do know that when i do come out of it that i will not be the same person that walked in..

He provides a way..

I know he has a plan for me. He is constantly testing me, pushing me to my limits, making me rebuild..

AND HE DOESNT MAKE ME DO IT ALONE

I know i have a purpose. I am grateful for every stumble that has brought me here. 

Learning to rely on no one else but the Lord has brought me more happiness that i knew possible..

KNOW he has a life prepared for me

" .. Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation, continuing instant in prayer.." Romans 12:12

This week a member in our ward called us panicking from the hospital begging us to quickly come visit..
WE DROPPED EVERYTHING and rushed to the hospital.. Checked in at the front desk and they point us to the...

mental institution.....

TRIPPIEST PLACE IVE EVER BEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE...

People in white straight jackets and pacing around. Right when we walked through the doors some man just followed us breathing into my ear.. 

Some walked in circles and others shouted things..

THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE

I didn't know what to do i was in shock.. total disbelief that we were in the right place... but sure enough..
I saw the member..

We stayed for an hour or so and tried to give her some comfort.. She just found out she is being sent back to Vietnam and had a meltdown and wanted to take her life.. 

While we were sitting there reading some scriptures to try to give her comfort, in walks her roommate RAMONA...
Ramona has huge slashes up and down her whole body and walks up to me and asks me for money.....
girlllllllllllll i am a broke missionary. I cant give you jack! She wasn't too stoked..

We went on a small walk with the member ( keeping name private) and attended the small Christmas market the mental institution set up for the patients.. Ramona bought me a small paper mache christmas star she made.. and it even had a littlebitsy blood on it.. yay

Well

Seeing as how my week just gradually progressed negatively i decided to fast last weekend in hopes to gain new direction and comfort.. 

Friday we had an appointment with Francesco's father to discuss baptism.. a topic he hasn't been too excited about for his son.
I was just praying and praying and praying his heart would be touched and let Francesco get baptized...

I don't know how it happened and cannot remember what i told him when i bore my testimony about how IMPORTANT this was..

But i am sooooooo happy and relieved and blessed to announce...

FRANCESCO ASSISI WILL BE BAPTIZED ON THE 29th OF DECEMBER

WE HAVE A BAPTISM!!!!!! IN TWO WEEKS 
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


Hopefully the Mayans failed miserable and ill talk to you all next week

Line of the Week:

Me: ahhhhhhahaha sister warncke did you see that! That man just ATE it so hard

Warncke: ate what??

Me: No like ATE it.. he atttteeeee it

Warncke: what did he eat!?!?!

Just a glimpse of the struggles trying to understand German vs. English slang translation :)

-_-

byeeee
xx B

Please keep Sister Nancy Frank in your prayers. She greeted me my first day in Germany and we
served together in Germany for 3 months together. She was the wife in the senior couple companionship.
Thursday she found out she has Leukemia and 
went home only a few hours later.
I only had a few seconds to say goodbye before she left..
She has been my ANCHOR on my mission and like a mother to me.
I know god answers our prayers

Danke

P.S I am overwhelmed at how many emails i am getting informing me about all the girls that are STEPPING UP and getting ready to serve missions! You are in for the craziest, most amazing spiritually exhausting ride of your life! The world NEEDS good sisters. There are homes ONLY you will be let into.. there are people that will only hear it from YOU! 18months seriously flies by! It is not easy but it is soooo worth it! #swaginthesisterhood

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that’s at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc. http://zuraltenoder.de/

    ReplyDelete