YOU KNOW

Sunday, May 10



i remember skyping home on my mission






i always had the biggest PIT in my stomach about it
for WEEKS leading up to it





i worried they would be sad.


crying.


and that i would get so dang worried
that i would start missing them
more and more




the moment i saw my families face i just LOST IT






FOR ALL THE BEST REASONS!!




i've received a lot of letters from families and missionaries as of recent
concerned about leaving home. worried about their families
dreading being home sick and wondering if all will be well while they are away.

and ALOT of questions about how i received my answer
as to whether or not i should serve




i always tell these missionaries the same thing





the lord keeps his promises


as missionaries we are PROMISED that if 
we will go and serve with all of our




heart..





might.





mind.





and strength.





that he will in turn bless us 



we will be SET APART




this blessing can be taken one of two ways


literally as well as figuratively





as a missionary YES i missed home..


WE ARE HUMAN




but i remember the minute i was set apart a feeling of peace
and comfort came over me..


and that feeling stayed with me throughout my 18 months.





i KNEW the lord would bless my family






I COULD JUST FEEL IT

i litterrallyy felt set apart from all those feelings
thoughts and worries that i had prayed
would not carry with me onto my mission.




i can honestly say that i was never homesick




yes. i missed them


but losing myself in the work.
knowing that they were in the lord's hands



only feelings of optimism and happiness stayed with me





I LOVED HIS WORK



I LOVED MY MISSION





because i trusted that if i upheld my end
of the bargain


the lord would do the same





being on the other side and realizing how tough
it is to have a missionary abroad i can honestly say






crap.




this does suck.



but remembering to only share the good

the uplifting

to inturn live like you'd hope your missionary would

- do daily study
- prayer more often
- do missionary work
- be obedient
- live diligently

you will ALSO bless your missionary



we cannot expect to receive those blessings
if WE AT HOME are not doing our part.

living the gospel to its fullest

attending the temple and keeping
up our end of the bargain



EACH SIDE PLAYS AN IMPORTANT PART



when we live how the lord AND our missionary
would have us it is then and ONLY THEN
that the heavens will open and the lord's blessings
will pour upon us..





 having my sweet brother in peru those BLESSINGS
and feelings of COMFORT have poured over me.




i am recharged with a missionary like mind





i am happier



my family has grown closer



and i feeeell the lord's love constantly around me





every talk of missionaries or even of a country
remotely CLOSE to peru i perk up and am reminded of
my brother and them continue to try to get on the
topic of missionary work.


when i see missionaries i nearly crash my car
trying to honk. wave. and get their attention



WHAT AN AMAZING REMINDER



before all of this i wouldn't of even noticed
them unless one was ridiculously good-looking



honest honest honest here.




i feel so close to my brother although he is so far away


the best gift any person can give their family is to serve
a mission.



the lord WILL help you find a way





he will BLESS them in more ways than you
could had you been there during their tough 
moments. heartbreaks and bad days.





you have to trust in him.





missionary work and the blessings that come
do not end after 18mo. or 2 years. they are felt throughout
your life.






there is not greater thing to do than serve a mission.





i will say it until i am blue in the face


if you have those feelings to serve



GO.




if you have received your answer
and begin to doubt those feelings



EVEN MORE REASON TO GO
someone (you know who) knows how incredible you
will be and is going to be working HARD to stop you






and if you have those feelings but feel like
you've never received a CLEAR answer through prayer



you're not alone.






i remember praying


and praying


and prayinnnnnggg



AND PRAYING




for an answer as to whether i should serve



after MONTHS i had nothing


nada





zip.






it was then that i learned.



duh.



the lord TRUSTS YOU



he trusts that you will make the right decision



he has blessed you. trained you and molded
you into a person whom he can trust
will make the right decision when needed





STOP WAITING AROUND




ACT ON AN ANSWER

and theeennnnn go forth and pray






after making up my mind i knelt down.

hesitant yes.




but felt like i got hit by a train when the
answer was



hellllllllllooo



YES!!!




we need not be commanded in all things






so GO



stop doubting.



start trusting.





YOU KNOW YOUR ANSWER




there is not a single thing you could be doing
more important than the lord work.


I am so dang proud of this elder. I wouldve
killed to serve along side someone like him.

I have yet to hear any complaints and only see
light and happiness from his eyes.

He truly LOVES this work..

i love you elder d.

thanks for being my guardian angel





















2 comments:

  1. HI there! Love your blog. I haven't been on a mission yet but my sister currently is and that was such a good reminder that if we do our part, the Lord always keeps His promises. Something I needed to hear today, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is currently serving in Guatemala. She followed your blog, so whenever I update her blog with mission stuff, I see your blog listed. And today, I read your post. The Lord and the Church are so lucky to have you wonderful sister missionaries serving so well. Here are Sierra's thoughts about her doubts to serve...written after she had her call but before she left. Your themes are very similar. http://lovingthelamanites.blogspot.com/2014/02/its-okay-to-freak-out.html

    ReplyDelete